About Divanity

Divanity, the blogspot, was derived from a team by the same name that specializes in stylings of all sorts - hair, makeup, wardrobe, etc. The ladies - Hannah SFO, Mia G, Hazel S, Agee Dee, and Monique J - initially decided upon engaging in such a project in order to put the pleasures coming from retail abuse to good use. Fortunately, the project blossomed and nearly a year later, www.divanity.blogspot.com is heavy in effect. Spreading the word about fabulous finds with respect to merchandise, products, restos, spas, and the like has been well-received by readers.

With the movement expanding, our team (now a sextet with the recent addition of Ms. Margaux C.) is now equipped to dish out exclusive invites, promos and even occasional giveaways from our established client base. Therefore, Divanity strives to keep bringing followers what they want...


As a reader, your comments/suggestions are much appreciated and feel free to partake in the polls, forum, and other features of the site.

Keep living your life with Divanity!

Subscribe to Divanity

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fringe Benefits


Okay, so when I used to hear the word "fringe", I used to cringe. Haha. That may be a bit of an overreaction, but seriously, the first thing that would pop into my head was Pocahontas attire complete with matching moccasins (oh wait, she was barefoot. Well, whatever), all made from cowhide or something. So when I heard that the current craze is fringe, I knew I had to do my research to see if any new-age items were worthy or if it was a horrid, risque trend that would be dependent on "I'll-try-anything-to-get-noticed" celebrities to experiment with.

The verdict? Turns out dresses, shoes and bags + fringe are quite darling! Take a look at some styles that caught my attention:

See? A far cry from old Western or Native American gear. I would draw the line, however, at fringe vests. No matter how tiny and creatively done these new ones are, I just wouldn't get into that. As my girlfriend T put it: "I don't know any retard who would off the runway". Fringe will most likely be gone after the fall/winter season in the states (and probably won't be back next year), so it's not really something you want to invest too much in and splatter all over your body. In short, I believe they are perishable goods.

Again, the heels, dresses, and bags are doable. So if anything ladies, I suggest you limit yourselves to the same. I'm not exactly here to dictate and these are merely opinions so feel free to call me out on this.
Now, the most important part and what I'm also here for: where can these fringe clothes, shoes and accessories be found? You may make a return visit to http://www.poshandpurple.com and check out the "Shoe Affair" album, of which you can find fringe sandals in grey, purple (seen above) or beige. But if you would prefer to deal with tangible goods, check out Schu (branches can be found at Robinson's Galleria, SM Mall of Asia, Glorietta3, and Shangri-La Plaza) for the shoes and for the bags and dresses (also for those with a bigger budget, I should mention), you can try Aranaz Boutique at Greenbelt5.

There you have it ladies. Something to start you off with the month of October. That being said, if you still can't bring yourself to see anything chic in fringe and are pocahaunted (corny! LOL), then use it as your Halloween costume at the end of the month. Remember, even 40s dresses were done in fringe with tons of hanging pearls and peacock feathered hairbands! Whatever tickles your fancy.

Till next time...
keep living your life with divanity.

Tip: If you would like to inquire at any of these boutiques that are located in the malls, do what I do! Ask Mobile Yellow Pages for the store numbers and other contact information. Text luk4_(business name) and send to 2851. This code is applicable to both Smart and Globe subscribers.



No comments: