About Divanity

Divanity, the blogspot, was derived from a team by the same name that specializes in stylings of all sorts - hair, makeup, wardrobe, etc. The ladies - Hannah SFO, Mia G, Hazel S, Agee Dee, and Monique J - initially decided upon engaging in such a project in order to put the pleasures coming from retail abuse to good use. Fortunately, the project blossomed and nearly a year later, www.divanity.blogspot.com is heavy in effect. Spreading the word about fabulous finds with respect to merchandise, products, restos, spas, and the like has been well-received by readers.

With the movement expanding, our team (now a sextet with the recent addition of Ms. Margaux C.) is now equipped to dish out exclusive invites, promos and even occasional giveaways from our established client base. Therefore, Divanity strives to keep bringing followers what they want...


As a reader, your comments/suggestions are much appreciated and feel free to partake in the polls, forum, and other features of the site.

Keep living your life with Divanity!

Subscribe to Divanity

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The I-Know-I-Made-It Shoe


I know, I know. I'm supposed to be promoting and sharing things that can be found in Manila only, but when you're on the Bergdorf mailing list, non-Manila based merchandise tends to strike you. Right? Exactly. It was as if this shoe was speaking to me: "look at me, look at me..." so I just had to share. You know how journalists of the past would refer to Marilyn Monroe in her movie scenes as "hauntingly beautiful", well, I guess you could say that this is the shoe equivalent of Marilyn. It is just ex-factor fabulous.


When it comes to Louboutins, I usually prefer the classic black with the signature red sole, but this pair was exceptional. I felt like this was the type of shoe that once purchased, you could die knowing that you lived a fulfilled life. See, aside from it's obvious, starlet appearance, I also think about how splendid it would look and feel on my feet. When I ponder on how Christian Louboutin mastered the science of a woman's foot in order to make the most provocative shape (the often mentioned "toe cleavage") and to be virtually the only heel that doesn't kill, it really leads me to believe that this is THE shoe. However, is it right to call it a shoe when it is as timeless as a family diamond? I've heard women say that "a Birkin is not a bag", so let's just call it THE Louboutin aka The I-Know-I-Made-It Shoe.

Since not all of us (emphasis on the inclusion of myself) can click and order on Bergdorfs just like that, I do have to give you guys a lil somethin', somethin'. A consolation prize, if you will. Yes, there is a glimpse of hope dears. You can find some quasi-Louboutin pumps at Janilyn located at Shoppesville in Greenhills. The only downfall with the Janilyn pump is that, from afar, the heel looks like it was covered in tin foil and the semi-pointed toes were done in an odd manner. It is round in awkward places and likewise, it is pointy in awkward places. Hard to explain so you'll just have to see for yourself.
While there are several other branches at Glorietta 1, Alabang Town Center, Powerplant, etc., I am not sure if these other branches hold this particular style. That being said, I do hope some of you can be Divanity correspondents and let the rest of us know. Aside from Janilyn, there is also a quaint little shop that I found on the 3rd floor of Shoppesville called Kimi. According to their card, they also have a branch at the 2nd floor of Market, Market. Now, they actually got the Louboutin shape goin' on, but the shine on the pumps are done in sequins, similar to what you see below. So expect the shoe to have a lot less dazzle, but they're definitely affordable (they range from Php800.oo-Php1,200.00) and are still very cute.

It's worth a shot ladies, but when all else fails, lets just work our booties off to get us some shoes for a made woman, nawimsayin?? Till then, let's keep living our lives with as much divanity as we know how. Nighty night!

Monique

Note: You can get in touch with the Kimi Shoppesville branch through the ff numbers: 0923-358-6674/0923-358-6673. As for Janilyn branches, just text the Mobile Yellow Pages code provided in the last post.


No comments: