About Divanity

Divanity, the blogspot, was derived from a team by the same name that specializes in stylings of all sorts - hair, makeup, wardrobe, etc. The ladies - Hannah SFO, Mia G, Hazel S, Agee Dee, and Monique J - initially decided upon engaging in such a project in order to put the pleasures coming from retail abuse to good use. Fortunately, the project blossomed and nearly a year later, www.divanity.blogspot.com is heavy in effect. Spreading the word about fabulous finds with respect to merchandise, products, restos, spas, and the like has been well-received by readers.

With the movement expanding, our team (now a sextet with the recent addition of Ms. Margaux C.) is now equipped to dish out exclusive invites, promos and even occasional giveaways from our established client base. Therefore, Divanity strives to keep bringing followers what they want...


As a reader, your comments/suggestions are much appreciated and feel free to partake in the polls, forum, and other features of the site.

Keep living your life with Divanity!

Subscribe to Divanity

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Things You Will RESORT to...

Good After Midnight Ladies!

Ooh do I ever have something spectacular to share with you. In my attempts to go through the latest fashion updates in order to fall asleep, this latest trend came over me with a rush. So much for sleeping, I am awake like someone who just drank 15 espresso shots for the past hour with intervals of 10 minutes. Do you clearly understand just how up and about I am? Okay, point made I suppose. So what is it this time that gave me my latest fashion high? Brace yourselves ladies for what you will RESORT to...

It's the RESORT look. De La Renta, Dior, and Valentino are doing it. I shouldn't think that you would need more convincing beyond that. The best part about this look? As opposed to other geographical areas (of which these looks are taken from anyway), we have much better access to elements that create the look such as: pearls, capiz shell, turtoise shell, puka shell, et al. since we are a tropical country. I mean, shouldn't WE have made the resort look hip? Now, what do we remember about the law of supply (nix the demand part, till you finish reading this post and create more demand)? The supply curve is the relationship between market price and amount of goods produced. Therefore, we have a vast supply of said goods so the price is considerably cheap, as it so happens.

I have actually always wondered why local designers didn't bank more on pearls. They are a rare treasure for many consumers abroad, yet they are widely available to us. They're available at tiangges in sets that go for Php500.00 for goodness sake! I'm talking real pearls ladies, I did the whole biting-the-pearl-to-see-if-it's-real test. Well, I'm about to change that. One of the icons in my life and future father-in-law has always taught me about his philosophy of RPS (remit, patronize, and sell) to uplift our economy. This will be my own way of doing so. Investing in Philippine pearls and other shelled accessories, promoting them, and selling them. Okay, so I understand that you are supposed to keep brilliant ideas to yourself until after you've executed them and protected them, but when it comes to fashion I believe that it's not what you do, it's
how you do it. So go ahead and bite my stee. Haha.

Of course, ideas go through quite a process before they become products, so in the meantime I have initial answers for you. First, there is Jumbo Incorporated (I know, I know. What a name) with their CapizShells.com site. They have everything from necklaces to bracelets to bags to wall furnishings and more. You will, however, have to run through the site yourself, because the pictures are protected. You can also check out K1 Pearl located at Ayala Town Center. They have some really appealing necklaces, of which I've provided samples of below.

Designer Ciara Marasigan-Serumgard, whom also designs jewelry, utilizes different precious stones and shells, and is another very inspiring source. They look glamorous, yet very fitting for a "resort" setting. Have a glimpse of some of her hand-crafted works provided below.

NOW, for one of my favorite things to discuss - the shoesies. I have to admit that for a country that can easily get hold of such materials, it was really homework on my part to find some nice shoes that went with this trend, BUT, my dears, I think I've done you proud. Absorb this lovely tortoise shell pump and wedge and this bejeweled/be-shelled/be-pearled stiletto by Shubizz of Celine Marketing Corporation.


Do I deliver or do I deliver? Can I get an AMEN sistas? Mmmhmmm. So I believe I am completely spent on what was a caffeine-like high, but I do hope this post is as much fun for you as it was for me. Additional details are included below, but do feel free to contact the Divanity team should you have further inquiries. That's it for now ladies. This is what we must all RESORT to...embrace our beloved, tropical island and what it beholds. Get down with the RESORT LOOK.

Till next time,

Monique

Designer Ciara Marasigan-Serumgard can be reached via email artist@ciaracreates.com, mobile 0918-922-0795 or landline (02) 896-5450.


No comments: