About Divanity

Divanity, the blogspot, was derived from a team by the same name that specializes in stylings of all sorts - hair, makeup, wardrobe, etc. The ladies - Hannah SFO, Mia G, Hazel S, Agee Dee, and Monique J - initially decided upon engaging in such a project in order to put the pleasures coming from retail abuse to good use. Fortunately, the project blossomed and nearly a year later, www.divanity.blogspot.com is heavy in effect. Spreading the word about fabulous finds with respect to merchandise, products, restos, spas, and the like has been well-received by readers.

With the movement expanding, our team (now a sextet with the recent addition of Ms. Margaux C.) is now equipped to dish out exclusive invites, promos and even occasional giveaways from our established client base. Therefore, Divanity strives to keep bringing followers what they want...


As a reader, your comments/suggestions are much appreciated and feel free to partake in the polls, forum, and other features of the site.

Keep living your life with Divanity!

Subscribe to Divanity

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Eyes Say it All

He hey hey ladies!

Just when you thought we gave you the buzz on absolutely every girly element possible...we now give you the 411 on something entirely different from anything we have posted on here or that you have read about on any other fashion/beauty blog - chic contact lenses! ;)

Now, honestly, I haven't been a contacts wearing gal myself. Basically, I have this really weird thing about anything going near my eyes. Exhibit A) I once had this terrible infection in my eye to the point where it was so red and swollen, but I still refused to use eye drops (you can liken this to the episode of Friends wherein Rachel had the same problem -- yes, I was THAT stubborn), and Exhibit B) I was doing a photo shoot for a magazine spread way back when and was required to wear contact lenses (with much hesitation and diva behavior *oops*) and only got said contacts in with the help of 3 frustrated stylists (1 to hold me down, 1 to hold my eyelids open and another to shove 'em in).

(blank)

Just waiting for the WHOA-CRAZY-GIRL thoughts to settle...

Okay, so despite all of that, I honestly think that this latest find can cure me of my fear of eye-touching (which leads me to the following brain-fart: what would the scientific name be - optimaphobia?!). Never have I seen such lovely, vibrant colors and designs that suit the Asian eye so well! So striking that I have to remind myself that I have willingly undergone so much pain for beauty. That being said, I will force these things in my eyes for the sake of vanity and so should you!

Run by and with products imported by our girlfriend Kate Orino, Glam.Rock.Pixie is an online boutique that captures trends and fetishes from Seoul, Tokyo & Hong Kong. At the moment, the main products are the special circle contact lenses designed to make eyes appear larger and more doll-like (ah to have doe eyes!).

Here are some of the looks that caught my eye (no pun intended -- you'll see types that simply compliment the eyes and some cool trends):


How cool is that? You can literally be the girl with stars in her eyes!



The new eye makeup. Lol.

Now I would really consider wearing these regularly, whereas the first two examples call for the right occasion and venue. Who wouldn't want to have Angelic eyes? Hmm...I wonder if I could pull off the green ones.


Make your eyes sparkle!


Just look at the difference. From blahh to ooh ahh.

Now, if you would like to order a pair (or 2 or 3), then take note of the following reminders:
-Be sure to place your orders by filling up an order form by September 22 so that you may receive them approx. 2 weeks from said date
-Prices range from Php720-880 (and only Php620 each if you purchase at least 2 pairs)
-You may add grades for FREE
-1-year life span for lenses
-Free shipping within Metro Manila plus free lens cases
and, of course
-The site url is http://www.glamrockpixieshop.multiply.com

So there you have it dears! The latest and most unique trend watches reported on your fave girly site. Yayeah!! =P Till next time, keep living your live with Divanity!


Monique

No comments: